What is Opioid Agonist Treatment?

Opioid agonist treatment (OAT) is a safe and effective medication based treatment for people who are dependent on opioid drugs such as Heroin, Fentanyl, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Percocet and Oxycodone. The treatment helps clients improve their day to day functioning, find stability and manage withdrawal symptoms. It can lower the risk of Hepatitis C and HIV transmission as well as fatal overdose.

Which treatments do you offer? 

A long acting, liquid, synthetic, full opioid agonist taken orally and used to treat opioid dependence and chronic pain 

A pill, taken sublingually, composed of Buprenorphine/naloxone used to treat opioid dependence

Buprenorphine extended release injection used for adult patients to treat moderate to severe Opioid use disorder. It is administered once monthly to help control withdrawl symptoms.

Slow release oral morphine (SROM)(Kadian)
A 24 hr formulation of extended release capsules(Kadian) sometimes used as an alternative treatment approach to treat opioid use disorder 

How do I get started?

You begin by contacting the clinic closest to you or drop in to have any questions answered and book the next available appointment.  

Upon arrival you will be asked to provide a urine sample.  You will then either see your doctor via tele-med or in person. After speaking with you, the physician will determine the best course of treatment to proceed with.

When will I receive my 1st dose of medication?

In most cases, clients will be able to start receiving a dose the same day they meet with their physician.

How long will I be on the program?

Every client’s journey towards recovery is different and the length of treatment will depend on the individual.

Can I take other medications as well?

Mixing methadone or Suboxone with other mood altering drugs, alcohol, opiates and other substances can have serious and even fatal consequences. It is important to consult with your physician before taking other medications.

Can I switch medications?

Yes, with consultation with your physician and close monitoring, you can change between OAT medications.

Is the program confidential?

All client information is kept completely confidential.

How do I pay?

A small monthly fee is charged for those not covered by social services or disability.  Valid MSP or Out Of Province health coverage is also required.


Crisis intervention
Mental Health Support

*no area code needed 
For emotional support, info and resources related to mental health.

 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
If you are considering suicide or concerned about someone who is.

Alcohol & Drug

   604-660-9382 (Lower Mainland)  
 1-800-663-1441 (Toll free)
This service is available for people across BC needing help with any kind of substance misuse 24 hours/day.
It provides information, education, prevention and treatment services.